Final Results of ABOM 2017 are available in the page Results
Below are the maps of the Elite class for each one of the stages of ABOM 2017.
To check all maps from all courses, please check the Facebook do ABOM 2017 page.
Comparison between Thierry Geourgiou and Olav Lundanes route choices and splits differences
In ABOM 2017 forest stages, there are some vegetation covered reentrants difficult to cross. In some cases, the organization took the decision to create some artificial opening corridors.
In the map, the opening corridors are signaled with 708.0 symbol (Crossing Point). Although not mandatory, it is advisable to use these passages.
In the terrain, red and white tape is used in the corridors, as illustrated in the next photo.
There is some important updated information about ABOM’s event:
- The Hard Floor will be open and available Friday at 16h30;
- Sprint WRE Quarantine is set up at School;
- Sprint WRE time schedule has been anticipated 30 minutes; first start at 16h00;
- Men Elite course in Middle WRE and Long stages first start will be at 9h00;
- all other competition classes first start at 9h30;
- Youth and Open classes first start at 10h00;
- WRE Prize giving ceremonies will start immediately after last Elite runner finishes;
- Showers are also available in Aguiar da Beira’s Swimming Pool facilities;
In Middle WRE there are two STARTS:
- Start 1 is at 1300m from the Arena for the following classes:
- W10, M10, W12, M12, W14, M14, W21B, W55, W60, W65, M65, W70, M70, M75, Easy Short, Easy Long, Difficult Short, Difficult Long;
- Start 2 is at 2200m from the Arena for the following classes:
- W16, M16, W18, M18, W20, M20, WE, ME, W21A, M21A, M21B, W35, M35, W40, M40, W45, M45, W50, M50, M55, M60;
In Long Sign stage there are two STARTS:
- Start 1 is at 1500m from the Arena for the following classes:
- W10, M10, W12, M12, Easy Short, Easy Long;
- Start 2 is at 1750m from the Arena for all other Classes;
ABOM 2017 schemas of the Arenas are now available .
Quinta do Meio Arena
In Quinta do Meio the layout of the Arena is equal on both middle and long distance.
Aguiar da Beira Arena